Virtual Square: all the virtuality you always wanted but you were afraid to ask
Welcome to Virtual Square wiki!
Here you'll find almost everything you need to know to get started using Virtual Square suite of tools and software. Remember that the software presented in this Wiki is produced by a research project and so the latest developments are extremely experimental.
Virtualsquare mailing list: virtualsquare (at) cs.unibo.it (click on the address to reach the mailing list info/subscribe page).
- Feb 13, 2012
- Post Fosdem 2012, Renzo's slides can be downloaded from here: Fosdem2012 Slides, all the software used in the public demo is included in our Virtual Square Tutorial Disk Image
- Feb 01, 2012
- new: 0.1 version of the Virtual Square Tutorial Disk Image: the time to start a kvm machine and you are ready to test all VirtualSquare Projects.
- Jan 03, 2012
- new: umdevloop, virtual implementation of loop devices. It supports losetup and mount (linux-utils and busybox). In ViewOs svn: rd235 experimental brach.
- Dec 08, 2011
- new: um_hostcmd (run a command on the hosting OS) protected by um_passwd, um_console (*mview console on a separate terminal, for remote view-os machines). In ViewOs svn: rd235 experimental branch.
- Nov 07, 2011
- new: contiki support for vde (in the sourceforge svn repository of vde-2)
- Aug 12, 2011
- new LwipV6 (merge of the previous experimental version). NAT/Slirpv6 enter mainstream svn code.
- Aug 08, 2011
- new View-OS 0.8.2 (merge of the previous experimental version). Virtual ptrace support in the new experimental branch (0.8.2.1).
- Jul 18, 2011
- new VDE 2.3.1 on svn (merge from rd235 experimental version). The new vde-switch is faster and drops very few packets even when it works under heavy traffic.
- Mar 02, 2011
- new mailing list: virtualsquare (at) cs.unibo.it, join it if you like the lab's projects and you want to take part to our discussions, ask for features, send us bug reports/patches.
- Feb 28, 2011
- umview/kmview support updated to 2.6.37. x86_64 is now fully supported.